Hi everyone! I hope you are all doing well. Here’s what’s on my mind today.
- I had a really rough day yesterday (I’ll probably be writing about it soon). Today, however, I’m doing a lot better and it feels great.
- I ended up sewing another bento bag last week using a different pattern. I am absolutely in love with it. Check out my Instagram feed if you want to take a look!
- I’ve been extremely productive today so far and it feels GOOD. I was up before the kids and by 9am I’d already completed 2 loads of laundry, made a fresh batch of granola, completed my son’s and husband’s lunches, sterilized my breast pump, emptied the dishwasher, made my bed and got dressed. Yay me! (On a side not, I really do need to start getting up before everyone else – I’m in a better mood and am more productive when I do).
- I’ve currently got a test batch of double chocolate muffins in the oven. I’ve decided to try using mashed avocado, greek yogurt and a bit of oil instead of butter and I’m really eager to see how it turns out (they smell absolutely fantastic though!). *Fingers crossed*
- Last week I was FINALLY able to go for a run outdoors. Woot woot! I’m just going to have to learn to pace myself though; I ended up running so hard that I had to stop before the end because of tightness in my chest. It was so uncomfortable that I actually ended up unclasping my running bra once I had reverted to a walk. What can I say? I was happy to be running outside!
- I’ve picked my piece for my flute recital at the end of June. It’s Pergolesi’s Allegro spiritoso from his concerto in G Major. Here is James Galway’s rendition of the piece (my rendition will be considerably slower and will contain considerably less embellishments lol).
- Tonight, we’re eating porc tenderloin stuffed with brie and cranberries, with steamed asparagus and green beans and tri-coloured quinoa.
- My next Ten Thought Tuesday will happen in April! Is it just me or did March just zoom by?
- I need to get the upper hand on my house. I’m sick of it being so untidy. But I get discouraged because it seems like an unattainable goal if I want to remain sane and not be picking stuff up (or negotiating with my kids to get them to pick stuff up) all the time.
- I think I’m coming down with something. I’ve had a scratchy throat since this morning and have been dealing with a lovely case of the sniffles. *Sigh* I honestly can’t complain as I haven’t been super sick this year, but I really don’t want to be dealing with a cold either.
- I’ve recently discovered that eating sugar gives me headaches. So yeah…I’m working on cutting that out of my diet by starting with reducing my consumption of things that contain refined sugar.
I hope you are having a great day! What’s on your mind this Tuesday?