My sweet little Adrien has officially hit the 8 month mark! It’s hard to believe really how time flies – it seems like I was writing the post on his seven months just last week.
He’s still as cute as ever, but has been a bit clingier which can be exhausting at times. Of course, right now, he’s got a slight cold so that doesn’t help. Also, I’m pretty sure that he’s going through a wonder week because he’s been definitely been working on some new skills lately.
- He’s able to sit unassisted for longer periods and now braces himself with his hands if he feels himself topple over.
- He is easily able to roll from front to back and back to front on both sides, but prefers rolling to his right.
- He uses rolling to get to an object that is out of reach yet still close.
- When on his tummy, he gets on all fours and rocks back and forth. If he’s on the floor, he typically ends up pushing himself backwards.
- He eats a wide variety of food including berries, roasted/steamed veggies, cheese and fish.
- His pincer grip is pretty well developed as he is able to pick up single blueberries and bring them to his mouth.
- He’s getting a better sense of the quantities of food that he can put in his mouth and gags a lot less often.
- He eats three meals per day (breakfast, lunch and supper) and sometimes has a snack when he’s not napping during snack time.
- He likes water, but still can’t bring his sippy cup to his mouth to drink by himself yet.
- He nurses between 4 to 5 times per day including once during the night at times. The dreamfeed has been completely dropped.
- He smiles at everyone he sees.
- He’s very vocal; he babbles almost all the time, expresses joy with squeals of pleasure and sings when there’s music.
- He loves to see what everyone is doing. Feedings (nursing) take longer because he keeps unlatching to see what is going on around him.
- He loves story time with his siblings and has a lot of fun attempting to devour the books we read…literally.
- We’re pretty much down to 2 naps. One from about 9:00 to 10:30 and the other from approximately 1:00 to 3:00. He sometimes takes a mini (15 min) catnap on me while I’m preparing supper to make it to bedtime when his naps have been too short.
- My husband puts him down at 7:00. He sometimes wakes around 2:00am otherwise he’ll sleep until about 6:00.
- We’ve not had to sleep train him and he usually falls asleep on his own with his white noise machine. Sometimes, he needs a quick back rub or cuddle to help him settle during naps. This usually happens when I miss his sleep window and put him down when he’s overtitred.
So, there you have it! I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!