Hi everyone! I hope you are all doing well. Here’s what’s on my mind today.
- Today, I’m taking a short hiatus from the April Blogging Challenge that I’ve been doing. So far, I’m so happy to have participated though. I’ve been thoroughly enjoying writing a daily post.
- Over the weekend I came down with what my kids had. Charles and Elliot seem to have gotten hit the worst by the bug (which, I’m assuming, is the flu). Poor kid, seriously, Elliot is generally so upbeat (a little too much), but after feeling better-ish for a day, he was back to running a fever yesterday. I’m thinking of bringing him in to the clinic today if things haven’t improved.
- I finally ordered the fabric to reupholster my dining room bench. I can’t wait to get it and share the before\after pictures!
- I’m so sick of the dreary weather we’ve been having over the past few days. I mean, freezing rain and snow in April!?! I feel like we’ll finally get the upper hand on our health once the weather finally gets warmer (and stays warmer!).
- I tried forbidden rice (aka black rice) yesterday and besides being delicious it looks so pretty on a plate
- Amélie and Elliot are starting daycare again next week (part-time). It’ll be a good opportunity for them to see other people and do other things and will allow me to spend more time one-on-one with Adrien and Charles (when he gets back from school in the afternoon).
- I really need to get started on the paint touch-ups in the house, but will probably wait until the weather is more clement so that I can do it with the windows open and (hopefully) avoid getting a headache.
- I can’t wait to see if the garlic that I planted last Fall will have taken! I think it should start poking through within a couple of weeks.
- I’m starting to think that Adrien will never get around to crawling. He gets on all fours easily and knows that he should be able to do something, but he usually ends up just pushing his bum up and ending up in something that resembles a downwards-facing dog position before plopping back onto his tummy. He honestly seems content to get around by just rolling and pushing himself backwards with his arms when he is on the floor. It’s so funny!
- I’m really in the mood for some good Indian food right about now. I think I may make some paneer over the weekend and make some creamy and spicy curry to serve with it. Maybe I’ll even make some naan bread to soak up the deliciousness of the sauce (yum!). What’s your favourite Indian dish?
I hope you are having a great day! What’s on your mind today?