Hi everyone! I hope you are all doing well. Here’s what’s on my mind today.
- I know I’m going to sound like a broken record here, but apparently, we’re not out of the woods yet as this morning, my sitter called just as I was arriving home to inform me that Amélie had just been sick. She was the only one who hadn’t caught the stomach flu yet. Have I mentioned that I am VERY eager to be finished with all of the germs once and for all?
- We were supposed to eat slow-cooker baby back ribs tonight, but because I had to go all the way back to daycare to get Amélie, I didn’t have time to put them in so we’ll eat them tomorrow. Instead, for tonight, I’m going to heat up some meatballs that my husband made over the weekend.
- We’ve been making our own yogurt for the past week now and I am hooked! We bought a yogurt machine because I didn’t want my oven to be tied up for 24h and so far the results are outstanding.
- For those of you who haven’t entered the giveaway yet, you’ve still got a chance to win a pair of cloth sandwich bags.
- There’s been so much flooding around here that our city has declared a state-of-emergency. One of the two major bridges to get us onto the island of Montreal is currently closed because of the water level. We’re fine as our house is far enough from the water to avoid being flooded. But it’s crazy, it’s the second time in three years that water levels have been problematic. I hope all of you are safe and no one is having problems with flooding in their area.
- The garlic I planted last Fall is coming through! It seems like all of it has survived the Winter (and me – I don’t really have a green thumb lol). It’s so exciting to see!
- We finally subscribed to Crave to watch Game of Thrones. We finished episode 1 of the last season yesterday. It was crazy, I’ve been having to stay off Twitter because people have been posting spoilers! Do you watch the series?
- For the past couple of days, Elliot has been climbing in bed next to me after getting up to use the washroom in the morning. He lies down right behind me and strokes my hair and back, then after about five minutes, leaves and goes back to his own bed. It’s so cute!
- We bought a new bike for Charles last Sunday because he had really outgrown his old one. He’s a bit afraid to ride because he’s higher up than he’s used to, but I’m confident that in a couple of weeks he’ll be wanting to ride it all the time.
- Over the weekend I went for a manucure and got gel polish for the first time. I love the look and enjoy the fact that it still hasn’t chipped. I decided to go for gel because I want my nails to grow out to a nice length for my sister’s upcoming wedding and I hate how quickly regular polish chips away. I even stepped away from my usual colour choices and I am very happy with the result.
I hope you are having a great day! What’s on your mind today?