April is over! Oh my goodness was it a harsh month. I honestly don’t even want to think about it, but I’ll still take a peek at how I did with regards to my goals. Who knows, it may even cheer me up.
Of course what would cheer me up even more would be if everyone in my house could finally stop getting sick, but I don’t have much control over that.
So yeah, here’s how The-Month-That-Must-Not-Be-Named went as far as goals.
Crappy Month April goals:
- Write a daily blog post with the help of Maggie’s #behappychallenge and complete at least two thirds of the prompts. Attempted: During the last month, I posted 22 times over the course of the 30 days which is essentially 73% of the month. It’s comparable to what I produced in March (23 blog posts over 31 days = 74% of the month) and twice as much as I wrote in February. Currently, about 20 posts seems to be my comfort zone. If there’s one thing that I learned, it’s that though blogging challenges are fun, they currently require me to put in more time than I really have to complete. All was not lost though as I discovered a few other wonderful blogs along the way.
- Read 100 pages in the novel I started to read. Attempted: I was pretty diligent about reading before going to bed before out family got hit with all the germs. I read 75 pages which, honestly, is not bad. I think that my main issue with the book is that it isn’t as light as what I’m used to reading and it’s not the same style as what I’m used to reading – which makes it more mentally exhausting to get through. I do want to finish it though because I am intrigued and I enjoy the style of writing of the author.
- Reupholster my dining room bench. Completed! And I even managed to reupholster one chair (and am planning on doing a second one once I find the time to do so).
- Run a total of 35 km. Attempted: I ran four times for a total of 12.3km. To be honest, I was on track, but then all the germs decided to come have a party at my house – so I haven’t run in 2 weeks. If everything goes well, I should be back out running by Thursday!
- Stay off Twitter during the hours where the kids are awake. Completed! I realized that Twitter was just a way for me to procrastinate and would often forget to check it when the kids were napping or in bed for the night. I am now seriously considering just deleting my account.
- Write in my bujo 80% of the days. Attempted: I *did* manage to write in it for half of the month before stopping. I think that right now, I just don’t need a bullet journal in my life and that’s OK. I know where to find it when I’ll need it again in the future.
- Sew some reusable snack bags. Completed! They turned out really nice too!
- Do the paint touch-ups upstairs. Nope! Not even attempted. What can I say? There’s always next month!
Considering the month I had, I’m pretty pleased with what I did. If anything, writing down monthly goals not only allows me to put my procrastinative tendencies aside, but reflecting on them also allows me to see what I need in my life at any given moment. I’ve also learned to let go of things since starting to write them and accept that I am only human and sometimes life gets in the way of the best laid plans. Now, moving onwards…
- Write at least 18 blog posts.
- Run a total of 30 km.
- Do the paint touch-ups in the house.
- Replace the loose elastics in my washable diapers.
- Experiment with different uses for the acidic whey leftover from making Greek Yogurt.
- Get my flute serviced.
- Learn the passage giving me grief in my recital piece by heart so that I can finally get through it!
- Reach page 400 in the novel I’m reading.
- Learn the dance for my sister’s wedding.
Is anyone else interested in producing a Monthly Goals post? If you do, feel free to drop the link in the comments section and use the #monthlygoals tag.