Hi everyone! I hope you are all doing well. Here’s what’s on my mind today.
- I am absolutely loving the HIIT workouts I’ve been doing at Orange Theory. Going at it twice weekly seems to be the best strategy for now because I am in so much pain from DOMS in the 48+ hours following a training session that I couldn’t handle any more for the moment.
- We’ve finally managed to move the 14 tons of rock from our driveway to our backyard for the first layer of the base to our terrace. Today, my father-in-law came over and, using a plate compactor that we rented, compacted the rock base. It’s great to see the progress!
- We’ve got baby cabbages!!!
- I was finally able to harvest my garlic. 34 individual cloves turned into 34 bulbs of garlic. Yum! Now, I just have to let them dry in a cool dark spot for 3 weeks.
- Adrien is getting more and more solid on his feet and staying standing (with support) for longer periods of time. Oh and did I mention that he was teething. Again… One of his top premolars cut a couple of days ago and the other isn’t far. Poor kiddo.
- I’m looking to expand my musical horizons. Aditi has already introduced me to carnatic music (I’ve found a few playlists on Spotify if anyone is curious), but what do you guys like to listen to? I would love artist, genre or song suggestions!
- I recently decided to update my welcome screen picture of the kiddos now that Adrien is older.
- I should be making my husband’s lunch right now, but I don’t feel like getting up off the couch!
- For the rest of August, until my kids start school again, I’m sending the kiddos to daycare only three days a week. It’s the best of both worlds between having them all home all the time and sending two of them to daycare five days per week.
- Speaking of school, I’m starting up again on the 26th of August. I’m actually super excited! I had a challenging year with everyone home with me (but not necessarily unpleasant). It allowed me to discover that though I love my kids to death, I also really love my job.
I hope you are having a great day! What’s on your mind today?